Working closely with the PGA and club volunteers, the ClubGolf programme has built a substantial workforce of active, qualified coaches. This has enabled golf clubs across Scotland to offer a structured, progressive coaching programme to more young golfers.
Welcome to ClubGolf
The ClubGolf programme was launched in 2003 to fulfil the
Scottish Government's promise to provide every child in Scotland
with an opportunity to experience golf, part of Scotland's
commitment to the game which formed part of the successful bid to
host the 2014 Ryder Cup.
By creating opportunities for every child in Scotland to access
golf, encouraging them to become a part of our sport and developing
their potential as they progress, we will lay strong foundations
for the future health of our clubs and for Scottish performances on
a world stage.
In order to achieve this we have set out some clear strategic
goals, a strategic framework and a really effective, structured
programme which works for both young people and coaches.
We hope that you find everything you need on this site. If
you need more information on any aspect or you have a question,
then feel free to get in touch
ClubGolf is already delivering its Ryder Cup pledge by:
- Introducingalmost 220,000 children to golf since inception
- 38,135 children participating in ClubGolf in primary
- 15.7%transition rate from schools to clubs (Stage 1 year
- 12,675 children in club coaching Stages 1-3
- 1,575 qualified Volunteer coaches who are active in clubs
- 303 clubs and facilities delivering ClubGolf coaching
- 126 Pro's (+20 Assistant Pro's) engaged in supporting
- Girls In Golf was developed to address a specific ClubGolf
target to increase participation amongst girls.
- The Disability Golf Club model was established to demonstrate
how the ClubGolf pathway can be used to provide access to golf for
- A Social Inclusion Pilot was conducted to demonstrate how
ClubGolf can help to meet the challenging objective to increase
sports participation in socially deprived communities.
The aim of ClubGolf is to create a development pathway from entry level through to the highest levels of achievement, enabling increased access to golf, higher participation levels, improved standards of performance, and sustained growth in the future.
If you need some inspiration, ideas and approaches to keep your ClubGolf programme on the right track, we have built up a wealth of information and inspiring stories for you to tap into and perhaps even replicate at your club.
All coaches in the ClubGolf programme who successfully complete their Level 1 Certificate in Golf Coaching will receive a letter from the PGA Membership department inviting them to become a licensed coach.