ClubGolf is perfect for young, active people – just like you! Whether you’ve already picked up a golf club or you’re brand new to the sport, you’ve come to the right place. Find your local club, check out our photo gallery, tips, stories, results and everything you need to know about golf. What are you waiting for? Get involved...sign up, join in, play!
Welcome to ClubGolf
The ClubGolf programme was launched in 2003 to fulfil the
Scottish Government's promise to provide every child in Scotland
with an opportunity to experience golf, part of Scotland's
commitment to the game which formed part of the successful bid to
host the 2014 Ryder Cup.
By creating opportunities for every child in Scotland to access
golf, encouraging them to become a part of our sport and developing
their potential as they progress, we will lay strong foundations
for the future health of our clubs and for Scottish performances on
a world stage.
In order to achieve this we have set out some clear strategic
goals, a strategic framework and a really effective, structured
programme which works for both young people and coaches.
We hope that you find everything you need on this site. If
you need more information on any aspect or you have a question,
then feel free to get in touch
ClubGolf is already delivering its Ryder Cup pledge by:
- Introducingalmost 220,000 children to golf since inception
- 38,135 children participating in ClubGolf in primary
- 15.7%transition rate from schools to clubs (Stage 1 year
- 12,675 children in club coaching Stages 1-3
- 1,575 qualified Volunteer coaches who are active in clubs
- 303 clubs and facilities delivering ClubGolf coaching
- 126 Pro's (+20 Assistant Pro's) engaged in supporting
- Girls In Golf was developed to address a specific ClubGolf
target to increase participation amongst girls.
- The Disability Golf Club model was established to demonstrate
how the ClubGolf pathway can be used to provide access to golf for
- A Social Inclusion Pilot was conducted to demonstrate how
ClubGolf can help to meet the challenging objective to increase
sports participation in socially deprived communities.
View a short video clip explaining what ClubGolf camps are all about
The aim of ClubGolf is to create a development pathway from entry level through to the highest levels of achievement, enabling increased access to golf, higher participation levels, improved standards of performance, and sustained growth in the future.
Sign up your ClubGolf delivery centre and host a coaching camp this summer from 1-5 July 2013 for children aged 9-13
View all the images from our recent events and coaching sessions